Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Week 24

Wow! What a week! On Monday, we had another ultrasound. What an experience! I drank 27 oz. of water, 5 less than I did for the last one. Before I even left the school I could barely walk (I didn't feel like that until after the last one...). Shawn picked me up and I was seriously uncomfortable by the time we got to the clinic (about 8 blocks away...) By the time I down to the ultrasound wing I felt like I was dying. The tech told me to lay down to try and make it better. It didn't, it just made it worse. The tech left to check our last photos and I spent about 10 minutes trying not to cry and in my crazy state realized that I am going to be really, really bad at labor. I mean, I can't even handle having to pee! When the tech came back I apologized for being whiny and he turned on the machine. He tried to look at Gabe but couldn't see anything because apparently my bladder was too full (a great irony since they tell you that if your bladder isn't full they will reschedule your appointment). So, the tech, my saint, let me pee. Oh goodness if that wasn't just a fantastic relief! Then he got to looking at Gabe and told us that Gabe is really low. That explains why I'm still not really showing and why I am only feeling him move at the very bottom of my tummy and nowhere else.

In other news this week, our candidate won!! Hooray for Obama!! I'm so excited to see what will happen, but apprehensive at the same time that he won't live up to expectations. There is so much riding on his presidency for so many reasons that I hope he is able to handle the pressure. We'll see! Gabe will be born into one of the great historical moments of our country and I am so thankful that not only I, but my children will be alive during this great moment in history!!

No comments: