Friday, November 21, 2008

Week 26

This week has been a terror at work. I love the kids I work with, but I swear they were on sugar highs all week. They were rude and obnoxious and would not be quiet for anything!! It was rough, but it's done now thankfully. Next week is Thanksgiving break so I don't expect them to be great, but maybe after it's all done and we come back they will be better.

I went to a Mommy Care Basics class at Altru Hospital on Thursday. It was about an hour and a half. It was conducted by a physical therapist there at the rehabilitation center who showed us different ways to deal with all of the fun physical ailments that come with pregnancy and talked about how to deal with all of the fun stuff we'll have to deal with after birth. Then we went downstairs to the gym where we practiced excercizes that will relieve various pains. I talked to her about the sharp pains I've been getting in the past couple of weeks where my legs meet my pelvis. She told me that I should try going to the therapy pool two or three times a week for about a half an hour each to relieve the strain on my abdomen from growing Gabe. She said it might have something to do with how low he is sitting. So, for now, I will be literally rolling out of bed like an old lady and hopefully getting to the warm pool a couple of times a week. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: