Saturday, July 12, 2008

Week 8

I called the Dr. today and he prescribed Zofran for me. Thank god for insurance. That stuff is unbelievably expensive. I was on a pregnancy board today and there was a thread talking about hyperemesis gravidarum a topic I've been interested in since I can't seem to really keep anything down. Apparently throwing up more than 4 times a day is considered a bit much and so is losing 10 lbs in 3 weeks. So I called the Dr. and he sent me to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription that seems to be a bit strong. He didn't sound all that concerned when I talked to him on the phone, but there are women on my pregnancy boards that have been to the hospital and had IV's who are on half the dosage I've been prescribed. So now I wonder if I really do have HG. Goodness knows I am basically non-functioning at the moment. I've also taken to Popsicles to try and get some fluids in me without throwing up. It's rough, but the baby is almost an inch long now and is starting to develop tiny hands and feet!

No comments: