Monday, December 22, 2008

Week 30

Hello! This was a rough week! On Sunday the 14th, we had a huge winter storm come through. 48 mile an hour winds, -50 wind chill, blizzard conditions and warnings of life-threatening conditions from the National Weather Service and the Deptartment of Transportation. Needless to say, our District Manager decided we had to open up the store anyway. Oh yeah, that was fun. A four foot snow drift made friends with my car and now my defroster doesn't work. I have 1/4" of ice inside all of the windows. Shawn has spent the week attempting to unfreeze the defroster with a space heater inside the car during the day when he's home. The district manager believes that our lives are worth little compared to the $25 we pulled in that day. Yes, she actually told me that we needed to get over our fears of winter weather and come in no matter what the conditions are outside because it is a business and we just don't matter as much as that.

I went to the doctor this week. That went well. We talked about what I want in the delivery room and all of that jazz. Apparently I am slightly anemic, so I am taking extra iron as prescribed by my doctor. Gabriel is getting huge and I am having the toughest time bending over and getting up and down. It is quite interesting. We had an interview with a daycare provider today and are hoping to hear back from her soon. She was really great and it would be one-on-one with Gabriel. She has a little boy that she is homeschooling for preschool and is a certified elementary teacher. Her husband works for the school district. Oh the day is getting near!!

No comments: