Friday, January 30, 2009

Week 36

So in some ways, we seem to have slowed down for a bit, but in others we're headed straight for a new baby. As of Sunday, breastfeeding will not be an issue. Gabe will definitely be fed on a regular basis. We went in for our weekly visit on Thursday. I'm still dialated at 2 cm, but I am apparently measuring larger than I should be and so we are scheduled for an ultrasound next week to check out Gabe's size. After our appointment we went on a tour of the family birthing center. It is quite nice and has two family waiting rooms, a private operating room and a couple of kitchens that are kept stocked for patient access. We went in with our paperwork already done and having read the booklets concerning the birthing process at this particular center as well as vaccines. The tour guide was particularly impressed by all of this. We got a gift bag from the clinic and I went back to work. I was really sore and tired after my visit. I am really exhausted lately and standing for more than five minutes makes me really sore. Oh, I don't know how I'm going to handle him getting bigger in there. How on earth will I be able to walk! The good news is, he seems to like hanging out in proper birthing position, so as long as he still plans on coming out the regular way, he's ready to go.

No comments: