Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week 34

Well, what a week this has been! Walking around and standing has been getting much harder as I am having lots of lower abdominal soreness when I do. Apparently something is up because on Friday morning, after our morning meeting at work, I lost my mucus plug (apologies for the graphics). I called my doctor's office to find out if I should come in early to my appointment or not. (I wanted to make sure that what I thought had happened, actually had.) The NP told me just to come in at my appointment and we'd talk about it then. So I went back to work and eventually went to my appointment. Apparently I've lost a pound since my last visit 2 weeks ago and my blood pressure, though good, was slightly elevated (likely because I didn't know what to expect at this visit after what happened and was a bit stressed). We did the strep test and then Dr. Howick checked to see if I was dialated. Thankfully, I wasn't. However, I have begun effacing. She said it could be a few days or a few weeks, we just don't know. She said she would prefer if he hung out until at least 37 weeks, but if he decides to deliver at 35 weeks, we will. So there you have it. It seems that Gabe is wanting to join us a little early. We'll see how that goes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's almost baby time! I'm so excited!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!
you have the sitting on a bowling ball feeling don't you...I told you ...lol
good luck and let us know asap when he arrives i
'll start making something:)
very happy for you guys.
don't worry you can do this...

Unknown said...

bring him on!!!!