Monday, October 20, 2008

Weeks 20, 21 and 22

Week 20

We went to our first major ultrasound on October 6th. After lots of fighting and rolling around Gabriel finally stuck his little butt up in the air so we could see all of his stuff. It was a long and painful process that included two sonographers, me rolling around from one side to the other and back and ended with me almost peeing my pants on the elevator ride up to the fourth floor where I immediately begged for a cup and a bathroom. Needless to say, we are going in for another on November 3rd. Now we know that there will be a little Shawn wandering around trying to disarm people while wearing tiny armor.


Week 21

Gabe started kicking his way around every once in awhile this week. I woke up in the middle of the night on Thursday to pee and when I stood up he gave me such a jab that I about passed out and had to hold myself up on the wall. When I climbed back into bed he did it again and I just laid there frozen. I swear, Shawn sent him in with a sword...

Week 22

I've started this week by coming down with some sort of bug. I'm not sure if it's just a head cold or if it is something more. There is some more serious stuff going around the school and I really hope that this isn't that. My belly is growing and getting more uncomfortable to move around. I stood up out of my chair the other day and tipped forward. Thankfully the cat tower was there so I could catch myself. My tummy isn't huge, but apparently I'm front heavy anyway!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you both!! What a beautiful name!

GABRIEL

Gender: Masculine

Usage: French, German, Scandinavian, Spanish, Portuguese, English, Romanian, Polish, Biblical

Pronounced: ga-bree-EL (French), GAY-bree-əl (English), GAHP-ryel (Polish) [key]
From the Hebrew name גַבְרִיאֵל (Gavri'el) meaning "strong man of God". Gabriel was one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition. He appears in both the Old Testament and the New Testament, where he serves as the announcer of the births of John to Zechariah and Jesus to Mary. According to Islamic tradition he was the angel who dictated the Qur'an to Muhammad.

This name has been used occasionally in England since the 12th century. It was not common in the English-speaking world until the end of the 20th century.