Tuesday, February 24, 2009

End Week 39, Beginning Week 40

So here we are. It is Tuesday the 24th. I went in for an appointment last Thursday. I was slightly more dialated, but nothing else was happening. We scheduled our next appointment for today the 24th. On Sunday night, around 3 am while I was wandering about the house unable to sleep, I had some very real, very intense contractions. The full on, this baby is going to kick your butt kind. It was rough, I called for Shawn and then decided it would not be nice to wake him up if they weren't real, since he had to work at 6 am. That was a better decision as it turned out there were only a couple of them.

We went in at 8:30 am today for another ultrasound and non stress test. Gabe was busy hanging out in there, making funny faces. My fluid measured 24 inches. A couple of inches higher than it should be, but it's better than having too little fluid. It seems Gabe has to pee a lot. We went up for the non stress test, where everything was fine and I finally figured out that I have been having some contractions lately that I wasn't too sure about. Usually they hurt a bit, and I had been having some that didn't so I was very confused. I guess they were real. The doctor came in and checked my cervix. I am fully at 3 cm and almost 100% effaced. We are supposed to call at around 5:30-6:00 am tomorrow and tell them we are coming in for inducement. We will get there sometime before 7 am and they will set me up with an IV and some potocin. Dr. Howick will break my water and we'll get things going!!

4 comments:

jobeen said...

Yay send me pix on the phone if you can :)

Anonymous said...

w00t.........go baby go!

Its always the last few hours of waiting that are the worst......but so worth it....

my sister gave me a number to call after 7 pm but i am not sure its the right one.....

keep me posted.....

good luck and congrats you sessy folks you!

gina

Unknown said...

Hooray! I was beginning to think maybe he was taking up a permanent residence!! Congratulations and I wish you the best of blessings as you open this chapter of your lives together. Love you all very much!!

Unknown said...

SHE HAD GABE!!! YAHOO!!!!!
9:39pm CST, 7lb 12oz, 21in long

YAHOO!!!!!