Friday, August 15, 2008

Week 12

So, this has been a very interesting week. I started throwing up on Sunday, went off the Zofran on Monday so that on Tuesday it might work again. I spent Monday throwing up significantly more than I did on Sunday. When I went back on the Zofran on Tuesday I continued to throw up. I called the Doctor and she told me to come in. When I got there, I had lost 12lbs in a week and my blood pressure was high and rising. Needless to say, I was admitted to the hospital.

I spent Tuesday, Wednesday, and part of Thursday on an IV that was pushing water into my system as I was rehydrated. I wasn't allowed to eat until Wednesday and then I was put on a liquid diet. Thursday they let me try some solid food which didn't go as well as I had hoped it would. The doctor decided to have me stay over until today (Friday) to get my meds and diet worked out. So here I am, working on being able to function and trying to avoid the hospital again so that I don't have to be tube fed.

I got to see the baby again though and it actually looks like a little person and is swimming around in there like crazy!

1 comment:

J.R. Adams said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I envy you :)